Kindle is an extremely famous e-reader device among various people across the world. For the book lovers, Kindle is like a portable digital bookshelf in the size of a tablet which they can keep in their pockets and take out to read any novel, poem, or any text, anytime they want. Kindle provides a convenient way to read a book without any hassle.
But sometimes, there is a problem when connecting Kindle devices to the computer. The Computer system does not recognize the e-reader device and consequently restricts the book lovers from transferring their stuff to the computer. A lot the users have tried to troubleshoot the problem but didn’t get success. Well, if you are also facing the same issue, then don’t hesitate to follow the methods mentioned below to resolve the problem.
Here’s how to troubleshoot Kindle is not connecting with the Computer
Install New Kindle Fire Application
Sometimes, the older Kindle Fire application doesn’t work and as a result causes the connectivity problems. Outdated software can bring the problems which will restrict the system to recognize Kindle. If this happens, then you won’t be able to transfer the music or e-books to the computer. Remove the older version from your computer and download the latest version of the Kindle app on your computer.
- Press Windows key + I button.
- No, select Apps in the Settings window.
- Click Apps & Features from the left pane of the window.
- Search Kindle in the right window.
- Click to Uninstall it and restart your computer.
- Once the system turns on, go to Amazon’s download page.
- You will find the link to download the latest version of Kindle.
- Click to download it and wait for the downloading process.
- Once the downloading is done, install the latest version. Now, the Kindle should connect with your computer.
The method is workable and efficient in solving the problem occurring with the connection between the Kindle device and computer.
Connect Kindle as Camera
Since the computer cannot recognize the device then try connecting it as camera will let you determine that the device is working fine or not. Once you plug in Kindle Fire, you will need to choose the device as a camera. Click the drop-down menu to select Camera.
Disable the USB Selective Suspend
It is reported that disabling USB selective suspend feature can immediately fix the issue of connectivity. The feature is enabled by default, but it can be disabled within a moment. The probability of connecting Kindle with your computer will be increased by disabling USB Selective Suspend.
- Open the Control Panel of your computer.
- Now, go to the Hardware and Sound category.
- Click the Power Options button, and a new window will open.
- Now, all the power plans will display on the screen. You have to select the one your system is using now.
- Click the Change plan settings option.
- Open the Advanced settings and click change advanced power settings.
- Navigate the USB settings and click to expand it.
- Click USB selective suspend settings to expand it.
- Select Disabled and select Apply.
- Now reboot your devices.
The methods mentioned above are enough to troubleshoot the problem. Kindle is an amazing product from Amazon, but sometimes when the problem occurs, these methods will help you fix the connection problem of the Kindle.