If your iPhone does not turn off, you may get worried about your phone’s battery and feel that it may do not last for long. This situation is a bit rare, but there are a few people who face this issue. There is nothing to worry about it. Go through this blog carefully to know the way of fixing it.
- It gets stuck because of some software issue.
- The button of the Sleep/Wake gets broken.
- The screen may be damaged.
Best ways to troubleshoot an iPhone that will not turn it off
Do factory reset
- Firstly, do a long press on the Sleep/Wake button and Home Button together.
- For iPhone 7 users: Do a long press on Volume down and Sleep/Wake. The slider of power off must get displayed. Continue pressing both the buttons.
- For iPhone 8 or newer version users:
- Tap and lift the Volume Up button.
- Then, tap and lift the Volume Down button.
- After that, do a long press on the Side button.
- Have a look on display. It will become black.
- Observe that the symbol of Apple shall get displayed.
- After that, lift your finger from the buttons.
- Note that the iPhone shall get started as like usual. After the restarting gets over, things shall work normally like before.
The method of turning on Assistive Touch and disabling it by Software
- Firstly, go to Setting.
- Then, press on General.
- After that, click on Accessibility.
- Next, go to the Interaction section and press on AssistiveTouch.
- Then, on the AssistiveTouch, put the switch to on.
- After that, note that a new symbol shall get displayed. It shall be the new software-based Home button.
Now you need to follow the given below steps for disabling your iPhone:
- Firstly, press the software Home button.
- Then, press on Device.
- After that, do a long press on Lock Screen till the power off slider option gets displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, move the slider to the right for turning off the iPhone.
The method of restoring the iPhone from the backup
- Firstly, connect the iPhone to the PC like the way you synchronize it with.
- Then, go to iTunes of the PC.
- After that, press on the iPhone symbol.
- Next, go to the Backups part, press the Back Up Now.
- After that, press on Restore Backup.
- Then, do according to the instruction given on display for selecting the backup.
- Note that after some time your iPhone gets started like usual.
- After that, disconnect it from iTunes.
Lastly, you can start using it without facing any complications.