The iPhone has a feature called Do Not Disturb which was introduced with iOS 6. Well, there two features which are related to keeping things or people away for a while, especially when you are busy with your stuff. Apple in its iPhone introduced Don Not Disturb and Hardware Muting which helps to keep the sound of services in phone silence.
Before beginning the process to use do not disturb feature in the phone, let’s understand the difference between these two mechanisms for iOS device services. The hardware muting allows the user to turn off the sound of their device. In this condition, the device will stay quiet even when there is a call, alarm or an alert. The iOS device will remain silent until you turn off the feature.
But with Do Not Disturb feature, the device not only silences but doesn’t wake up when there is a call. It remains silent when there is any notification or text message. There is another benefit of the feature which is specifying a contact for the feature. Though the objective of the two mechanisms is the same, they are slightly different from each other.
Here’s how to use Do Not Disturb feature in the iOS device
- Tap to Settings app in your iPhone.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Toggle on the Do Not Disturb button.
If you have iOS 11 then how to use Do Not Disturb
- In iOS 11, there is an updated privacy and security option.
- It will be helpful while driving an automobile.
- In Settings, go to Do Not Disturb.
- Now select Do Not Disturb while driving.
- The feature will automatically turn on when the device senses speed, or when connected to car Bluetooth.
- To check if the feature is enabled, look at the moon icon between time and battery icons. If the moon icon is there, then the feature is turned on.
Not only phone, but also with Apple Watch you can activate the feature
- Apple Watch, a phone twisted on the wrist, is a smartwatch which s compatible with this feature.
- The watch by default has the same Do Not Disturb Settings as in the iPhone.
- You can manually turn on the feature in Do Not Disturb in the watch.
- To open Glances, slide up from the bottom of the watch screen.
- Slide from left to right which has AirPlay and Airplane Mode
- Now, tap on the moon icon for Do Not Disturb.
Done! Your devices have activated the feature. They will still vibrate, but they will remain silent. Now you can resume your work without any disturbance. While accessing the settings, you will find more options which will let you put Do Not Disturb on repeated calls, when the phone is locked, or you can select Always.