It can be disturbing, if people continuously sign in into your PC to see your files or use it without your permission. There are many methods that you can protect your password in your PC from those people you don’t want to them to view your files.
Some best methods to password protect your Windows PC are listed below:
- Using the Control Panel
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Tap “User Accounts”.
- Create a new user account or in case existing one is yours then skip this step.
- Tap on your account.
- Press on “Change Password”.
- Select a strong password which cannot be guessed.
- Enter a password hint, which will come up in case you type the wrong password when you sign up. The password hints jog your memory in case you forget your password.
- Type the password again to verify it.
- Press on Create password.
- Using the Setting application
- Open the Settings applications.
- Go to the “Accounts” window.
- Press on the “Log-in options” page.
- Below “Password” option, tap on Change.
- In case your PC does not have a password, then the tab will say “Add.”
Select a secure password.
- In case your PC already registers a password on it, then you need to type that password into the “Old password” column.
- Verify the password by entering it again.
- Offer a password hint, which will show up when you type a wrong password after logging in.
- By opening it again, confirm the password.
- A password hint will appear when you type the wrong password when you log in.
- Tap Next.
- Choose Finish.
Your PC has now saved your password on it that will have to typed in whenever anybody tries to sign in.
- Through a BIOS Password
- Identify what a BIOS password is.
A BIOS password is very a secure password that protects the hardware and makes the other users to use that PC that is completely unusable for them. There are two different types of BIOS passwords, a User password, and a Supervisor password, and their functions are listed below:
- Supervisor password.
This password helps you to locks the BIOS pattern menu. You have first to set this password and ensure that your hard drive should be your first boot gadget as it will stop someone from deleting your Window password with a password reset disk
- User password.
By setting this password, it locks down your all functions of your system. When you restart your PC the first option that will appear will be a box asking you to type this password. You need to enter this password first before starting your PC.
- Click the BIOS page.
You need to click a tab when you see the PC logo at setup to type the BIOS, this tab you click vary by computer manufactures.
- Find the way to the Security page.
This tabs you will get near the top of the screen and use the left and right arrow button to change the page selection.
- Choose a password you like to use.
Analyse the differences between the two passwords given above and then choose which one you want, or you can also set both the passwords.
- Press the Exit button.
Choose the option that permits you to save your changes. After completing these steps, the BIOS password will be set.